Wednesday, June 8, 2011

... and I'm celebrating Joe

Every one of my grandchildren are my favorite. No, seriously! I love them all individually and in their own way. But each one is my favorite. I have a Joe ... and he is my very favorite Joe in the whole world. He is a loving, warm, funny guy who turned 11 years old on June 1st.




Joe is one of those adorable little guys who always has a hug. He intuitively knows when you need one and is instantly there providing it. He's not a loud, boisterous boy - instead he is a reader, a thinker and a video game player. When I think of Joe, one of my favorite mental pictures is him sitting on the sofa at their house reading a book.  Just gotta love a kid who reads!






Joe loves to help. Every year he helps (as do the other grandchildren) decorate my Christmas tree. Thoughtfully, he seems to find the perfect place to hang the ornament that he is working with. He's a thoughtful guy who seems to be always full of thought.











He was so cute at Halloween dressed as Luigi. There is something extremely adorable about this guy!









But just to show that he is truly MY grandson, check out these matching family shots. Joe got slammed in the pillory while at Scarborough Faire.






I got thrown in the pillory just a couple of months earlier in Ireland. Now how's that for a family bond.






Loving my Joe bunches ....

No comments: