Saturday, May 7, 2011

Headed for sixty ... and counting blessings

Oh dear blog ... I have so neglected you. Getting ready for my trip and then recovering from my trip and then getting back in the drudgery routine of things has sort of taken it out of me.

But for today ... this very early hour of Mother's Day, I'm counting my blessings. This is by no means an all inclusive list. Instead, this is just a sampler.

Today I am thankful ...

... that Jesus Christ died for my MY (yes, it does need to be all caps) sins. He didn't have to, but He chose to.

... for a wonderful husband. God has a wonderful plan for my life and He wrote Dennis right into the middle of that plan.

... for being a mother. This is an inclusive thing. I've mentioned my thankfulness for Dennis (without whom I would not be a mother). I am so very thankful to God for the precious children we conceived together. Rebeka Lynn, Ryan Wayne, our little unborn baby, and Robert Andrew - the love we feel for them is a gift from God. For that blessing, I am thankful to God. As an addendum to that, I'm thankful for Kelly and Jessica (my daughters by marriage) and eight beautiful grandchildren: Lauren, Alex, Emily, Joe, Autumn, Andrew, Tori and Libby.

... for my mistakes. Boy, that one is hard to be thankful for, but the mistakes I've made in my life have formed me into what I am today. Hopefully I am more loving, more sensitive and more open to sharing God's love because of those mistakes.

... for my birth family. I have a mother who is 91 years old, still a source of comfort and wisdom for me. I had a dad who was sometimes harsh, but he loved me. I'll leave that alone. My three brothers have each been blessings to me. I may be closer to some than others, but I love them each and every one.

Yup ... I'm counting blessings.

Bunches,
Nona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the wisest and most loving women I know... who just happens to be a wonderful mother. I enjoyed your heartfelt comments :). Loads of Love, Jeannie