Friday, November 4, 2011

* * * and I'm thankful for the love of my life

Lucky lady ... why, yes, yes I am.

I met the man boy of my dreams when I was WAY too young to be thinking about forever.  He truly had stalked me in the halls of our high school and I was clueless that it was happening.

Rewind about 5-6 years to my elementary school years. At that time, Dennis and my brother had become friends and occasionally hung out together. That was the first glimpse Dennis and I had of each other. Trust me, neither of us was very impressed!

Now back to the halls of North Side High School, and things had changed. But as I said, I didn't have the slightest idea that I was being "watched" by Dennis. Mind you, he was cute enough ... popular enough (you see, North Side had male and female cheerleaders and Dennis was a senior AND a cheerleader). But as a rule, I didn't date guys that I went to school with.

Fortunately it took Dennis a couple of years to decide to actually ask me on a date. By this time, he had graduated and I was a junior so I decided it would be "OK" to date him since I wouldn't be seeing him in the school halls if it didn't work out.

One date ... and I was hooked. I'd never dated anyone quite like him and we became quite an item. Then summer came and I went to California for a few weeks and we missed each other like CRAZY. By September, we decided that we would never be apart again, he put a ring on my finger and in June (the day after I graduated), we were married.

So you see, I am lucky and blessed to be married to my high school sweetheart ... but more than those things, I am THANKFUL that God put such a wonderful boy man into my life.

Bunches .......

1 comment:

Pat's Blog said...

Sounds like you both got a pretty good deal... Love you both, see you seen.

Snook