Saturday, November 5, 2011

. . . and I'm thankful for those that raised me

I don't know that I was a difficult child. But I know this for sure, I wasn't an easy child. 

Really, aren't these photos enough to prove that? They were so young and then they had me and --- 
wait, they still look pretty good, don't they?


This one cracks me up. I'm guessing it's Christmas time (judging by the cards so artfully taped on the wall behind all of us). If that's so, then this would be December of 1952. Wow, my parents look pretty good for having four kids. I can imagine how we were all acting 5 minutes before the picture was taken. Yet, Momma and Daddy aren't pulling their hair out. In fact, they both look pretty relaxed.


Here they are with me --- hey, they still don't look crazy. 


And seriously, if you knew the back-story on this one, you would realize that their smiles and pleasant attitudes have nothing to do with us. The truth is, they were an incredible pair that worked together to raise four semi-normal children (well, except for the 3 boys who are absolutely NOT normal).


And although Daddy has left us to go be with Jesus, Momma is still here doing what she always has done ... she prays for us daily, she loves us unconditionally, and she is infinitely proud of each of us. 

Today (and every day), I am extremely thankful to God for the parents He gave me.


Bunches!!!!



No comments: