Sunday, November 6, 2011

. . . and I'm thankful for my job???

Seriously, you weren't expecting that, were you???

Yes, I am thankful for my job. In this day when so many are searching for jobs, it is a blessing to know that every other Friday, money is simply going to appear in my checking account.

My job has tons of problems ... numerous things I could complain about. But in honor of the spirit of thankfulness that encompasses this month (and really should surround us always), I'll only focus on the wonderful parts.

The folks I work with are dedicated people who believe in what they are doing. When a case is discovered to be flawed (as in, uhhh, we got the wrong person), most won't hesitate to dismiss the case. That makes me feel good. The system isn't perfect. Most of the people I work with are trying to make it better.

The people I work directly with value and appreciate me. That hasn't been the case with every place I have worked. I know that what I do and they way I do my job can change a person's outlook on the legal system. Treating the victims of crime in a compassionate way and realizing that you (hopefully) will never see the system from their view is what makes the situation a little better for them.

Short of winning the Lotto and never having to work another day, I think I'll stay with the job I have. I'm thankful to God for a job that allows me to touch people in a positive way.



Bunches!

No comments: